Ashta Siddhi Nava Nidhi Ke Dātā
Asa Vara Dīna Jānakī Mātā
Rāma Rasāyana Tumhare Pāsā
Sadā Raho Raghupati Ke Dāsā
„You grant the eight powers and the nine treasures by the boon You received from mother Janaki. You hold the elixir of Ram’s Name and remain eternally His servant.”
(Hanuman Chalisa Bhasya. Sri Swami Vishwananda.)
An incident happened during the life of Rama, when they were building the bridge to cross over to Lanka, which is Sri Lanka nowadays, or Ceylon. They needed to build the bridge to cross over, but they didn’t know how to do it. Every stone that they threw would sink. So Hanuman had a great idea, because Hanuman, you see, He was really a great devotee, actually, one of the greatest devotees because there are not many great devotees in this world. There’s Prahlad, there is Meerabai and some others but one of the main, main, main devotees is Hanuman. He came up with the great idea to write the Name of Rama on each stone and throw it in the sea. So when they threw the stone, the stone would float. Ram was looking from a distance and wondering, He approached Hanuman and said “Hanuman, I’ve been looking at you. You are writing my name on a stone, throwing it in the sea, and it floats, but when I throw a stone, it sinks.” Then Hanuman said “My Lord, it is like that. Look, when Your Name is inscribed on it, it is saved, but without Your name on it, of course it will sink, and in the same way, when You let go of somebody, of course, he will sink.”
(Just Love 1. Sri Swami Vishwananda.)
After the end of the celebration of Rama Navami the idea came that in the next year we can try to make cookies in the form of stones with the name of Rama. I shared this thought with Bhagysri, to which she replied: “ Why wait so long. After a week will be Hanuman Jayanti. Then you can do.” Upsss ... it's only a raw idea, and not really supported by the recipe, I thought. But Try your best and god will send help always. Evidently the Lord also liked the idea, because the recipe and design idea "came" very quickly. And today we can share with you this recipe.
680 gram white chocolate (chips preferably or blocks cut into small pieces)
400 gram sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
pinch of salt
3 pieces Oreo Cookie + 3 pieces for coloring
1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder, optional
1 drop red food coloring, optional
1. Prepare all the ingredients
1. Prepare all the ingredients
2. Oreo cookies grind into crumbs in a blender. Crumbs must be very small.
3. White chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and salt heat in a medium saucepan over low heat. Use a wooden spoon to stir frequently until melted and smooth.
Note: Just heat the mixture until about half of the chocolate is melted. Remove it from the heat and let it sit for 2-3 minutes, then stir vigorously. The chocolate should melt from the residual heat. This should keep the cocoa butter from seeping.
4. Turn off gas flame or remove from heat. Stir with cookie crumbs. Stir just to combine.
5. If you want your stones to have different colors, then divide the mixture into four bowls.
Leave one bowl alone. Add another Oreo cookie crumbs to one of the bowls. Add the cocoa powder to another bowl, cocoa powder added a brown tone. Add one drop of red food coloring to the last bowl, this red food coloring gives a nice delicate shade of pink.
You could make your rocks any color you'd like.
6. Press a piece of plastic wrap down onto the paste in each bowl and allow it to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes, until it is thick and no longer sticky.
7. Pinch off pieces of the paste and shape into rocks. Roll your candy into various shapes and sizes.
8. Press the stamp into the candy stones with Lord Rama name.
9. Now you can decorate and create decorations with the finished candies as you wish.
This will keep at room temperature for several days. Keep stored in an airtight container if you'd like to keep it longer.